QuickBooks Error UEXP is one of the most common errors that the users might encounter while downloading a payroll update. Users might also get the error while activating a retail payroll subscription for QuickBooks. On the occurrence of the error, it displays an error message stating:
“We are having difficulties verifying your account status. Error= UEXP”.
You might also come across such an error when you are using the outdated version of QuickBooks. However, it is not the only reason that leads to the error, but there are several other reasons as well. In this blog, we have discussed all the causes behind the error alongside the troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
Seeking for instant help to rectify QuickBooks Error UEXP? Give us a call at the +1(855)-856-0053 and consult with one of our experienced QuickBooks tech support experts. Our experts will provide you with the best possible assistance as soon as possible.
Reasons that Evoke QuickBooks Error Code UEXP
There are a number of reasons that might lead to QuickBooks Error Code UEXP. Below we have listed all such possible causes; go through them:
- You might not have updated the Payroll subscription in the QuickBooks Company file.
- Another reason may be using the outdated version of the QBDT application.
- It might occur if you have updated the QB Desktop but forgot to update the e-file and e-pay in the current company file.
What should you do to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error UEXP?
You can easily get rid of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error UEXP with the help of simple troubleshooting solutions listed below:
Solution 1: Remove the Old E-File and E-Pay Files
As discussed above, you might encounter QuickBooks payroll update error UEXP due to the outdated e-File and e-pay Files. In order to replace these files, go through the steps listed below:
- To begin with, open the QuickBooks application, select the Employees menu > My Payroll Service > Manage Service key.
- Following that, you are required to highlight the appropriate payroll services and then move ahead with the rest of the steps listed below.
- For the users of QuickBooks Desktop:- Go to the Edit option, click Next and then tap on the Finish option.
- If you aren’t a QBDT user, then press the Alt + 0 keys on receiving the Manage Service Key window to remove the payroll service.
- Thereafter, click Yes twice, and it will remove the old e-File and e-Pay agreement from the company file.
- If your file does not have an active payroll, you can enter the service key to activate it.
Solution 2: Prepare a Backup Copy of the data file:-
Make a backup of the company file to protect it from accidental loss or corruption.
- Select the File menu and then move to the Single-User Mode.
- Return back to the File menu and choose the Backup Company followed by the Create Local Backup.
- Following that, tap on the Local Backup and then click Next.
- Afterwards, select the Browse option and pick the company file to save the data file.
Wrapping It Up!!
So, here we come to the end of the blog and hope that the solutions listed above will help you to deal with QuickBooks Error UEXP. If you are still facing any difficulty, feel free to contact our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.