Wouldn’t it be frustrating that your QuickBooks stops working with or without any notification! Certainly, it is, and settling the situation becomes the need of the hour whenever QuickBooks stops working as all the financial activities a business performs rely on it. Like other programs that you use, QuickBooks also requires a perfect configuration, or else it will start acting up and throw different error codes and messages. On some occasions, it even stops working, which means it doesn’t open on the run command. This article will highlight why your QuickBooks has stopped working and enlist the solutions that can quickly get your QuickBooks and business back on track.
If you are concerned about your QuickBooks data and feel uncomfortable resolving the issue on your own, reach QuickBooks support for help at 855-856-0042
Read More — QuickBooks Error H505
These Could be the Possible Reasons your QuickBooks Stops Working
The following list will help you understand what causes QuickBooks to stop working.
- If the company file name exceeds the limit of maximum characters used.
- If the QBWUSER.ini file that stores the information about the product registration is corrupt or damaged.
- There might be issues in your hard-drive like bad sector or damage preventing QuickBooks from running on your system.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation is severely damaged to such an extent that it stopped working.
Let’s move forward to the next section of this article and learn how to fix the issue by rectifying all the aforementioned causes.
Recommended to read — QuickBooks error PS038
Top Solutions to Fix QuickBooks not Working Error
QuickBooks not responding or Crashing may show up won’t allow you to do a day-to-day activity with your QuickBooks, Thus we have added below the Topmost 3 preferred ways to fix it:
Solution 1: Change QuickBooks Company File Name as per the Intuit’s Guidelines
- Open Windows File Explorer and go to the QuickBooks Desktop company file folder.
- Right-click the company file you are trying to access in QuickBooks and select the Rename option.
- Edit the file name and keep it under the 64 characters limit.
- Also, ensure that you do not have special characters, spaces, and symbols in the file name.
- Rerun QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved.
You may also read — QuickBooks error 6189 816
Solution 2: Recreate QuickBooks Product Registration File
- Open the QuickBooks installation folder once again and search for the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Once you find the file, delete it and run QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks will prompt you to register the installation, so enter the product key and other info required.
- Check if this resolves the issue.
Solution 3: Fix QuickBooks Installation by Running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download, install, and run QuickBooks Tool Hub and once installed, run it using its shortcut icon that you will find on the desktop.
- Go to the Installation Issues tab and select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let it repair the QuickBooks installation and check if repairing resolves the issue.
At last, if you find that your QuickBooks has stopped working even after following all the solutions above, you will need to repair the hard drive. However, if the hard drive is severely corrupted, you will require to replace it. To help fix QuickBooks issues, reach QuickBooks Desktop technical support team at 855-856-0042.