QuickBooks has a wide variety of errors that occur in the application due to various triggers and loopholes in the device. One of these errors is the Update issues, and specifically the 15xxx series of errors, that arise when the user is either downloading the latest application update or installing them into the system. Today, we are going to discuss one such glitch in detail – QuickBooks Error 15101. Supported with a warning text saying, “An error occurred while installing QuickBooks updates,” error 15101 comes up during QB payroll update. We shall now have a look at the factors that cause what is also called a Run-time error, along with its solutions.
Your search for the right solution for QuickBooks Error 15101 ends here. Contact our certified pro-advisors at 855-856-0042 straight away and get in an in-depth consultation session with them.
You may also Read — QuickBooks error 15215
What is it that encourages QuickBooks Error Code 15101?
- When the system is not using Internet Explorer as its default browser.
- Incorrect settings in the Windows Firewall or third-party anti-virus software prevent QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet.
- If all QuickBooks services are not running in the correct condition on the system, error 15101 can come up.
- Absence of an active digital signature certificate for QuickBooks.
- Interrupted updated installation due to a weak internet connection.
How to make QuickBooks Error Message 15101 disappear?
Let us proceed to the most critical section of the blog, where we will eliminate error 15101 in QuickBooks by making Internet Explorer as the default web browser and executing the QuickBooks reboot.bat file –
Technique 1 – Change your Default Browser to Internet Explorer
- Double-click on the Internet Explorer option to launch it on your screen.
- Go to the top-right corner of the window and press the Tools icon.
- Click on Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the Programs button and press the “Make Internet Explorer the default browser” button.
- Click on OK to confirm and reboot your device.
You may also Read — QuickBooks error 15241
Technique 2 – Run the Reboot.bat file from the QuickBooks Folder
- Close your company file and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to the QB icon on your desktop and click right.
- Tap on Properties and select the “Open the File Location” option.
- You will be directed to the folder where the QB files are stored.
- Look for the Reboot.bat file, right-click on it and choose to Run as Administrator.
- A black window with a blinking cursor will pop up on your screen.
- Do not close the window, and wait for the program to run on your device completely.
- After a few minutes, the box will automatically disappear.
- Try to access QuickBooks Desktop and check if error 15101 is resolved.
- Finally, download and install the payroll update again.
We have put our most sincere efforts into curating this blog for you, which talks about QuickBooks Error 15101 in detail, including its causes and complementary solutions. In case, you feel stuck at any part of the blog and require additional support by an experienced person, feel free to connect with our professionals at 855-856-0042 anytime.