AOL is the most precious gadget for web email users. It has made with several features and the latest technology. AOL users should be aware while using an AOL Email account, they can face AOL Mail Not Working On iPhone problems. Don’t be suspicious. Our AOL customer service team offers you the latest solutions to fix AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone issues.
Effective Methods to Fix AOL Mail Not Working On iPhone
Method 1: Use Airplane Mode to resolve network issues
We all know that AOL is a web-based service, thus it will not function without a solid internet connection. If your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, you can restart the router, but people who use mobile data to access AOL webmail can try Airplane Mode to resolve network issues. Huh. Although Airplane Mode doesn’t have to be set up all the time, activating it for a while and then disabling it can solve a lot of network problems; It works just like rebooting the computer. To enable Airplane Mode,
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Turn Airplane Mode on and off.
- Toggle it one more to turn it off.
Method 2: Reset network configuration
In continuation of the previous approach, we will discuss how to resolve the network issue using another viable technique, namely resetting the network settings, which will mostly be useful when AOL email is not responding on iPhone. To reset, complete the procedures below:
- Navigate to your iPhone’s Settings.
- In the next step, You have to select “General Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “Reset” option from the General Settings menu.
- After that, Select “Network Reset” and your iPhone’s network settings will be reset.
- Connect your iPhone to the network once again.
- These procedures will solve AOL Mail’s not working issue on iPhone.
Method 3: Use “App Password” rather than “Login Password.”
Most AOL users have received this warning, which instructs them to upgrade the security settings on their AOL account for a better email experience. This modification occurred following Yahoo Inc.’s acquisition of AOL mail. AOL now requires you to sign in using more secure methods. The mail contains the perplexing phrase “improved secure sign-in when accessing your account from non-Yahoo apps.” It implies different things to different individuals, but iPhone users may translate it instead of your AOL account password, establish and utilize an app password.
AOL allows you to set up an app-specific password to ensure your complete security, and the same option is accessible to iPhone and iPad users.
Here is the process to create an AOL app password, and the use of this password is covered in the following solution.
- Sign in to your AOL email account on your browser, then click the Settings drop-down menu in the upper-right corner and select “Account Information.”
- Select the “Account Security” option on the following screen.
- You can also visit the AOL Account Security page by visiting https://login.aol.com/account/security?.scrumb=percent2FnBgJcirlli.
- You will need to log in to your AOL email account once again.
- After that, you will Scroll down and then choose the “Generate App Password” option.
- You’ll need to select your app, so select “iPhone Mail” from the drop-down option. Then, select “Generate” from the drop-down menu.
- Now your app will appear on your screen. Copy and paste it in a safe place where you can access it later. Click the “Done” button.
- After you’ve created an app password, you’ll need to delete your AOL email account from your iPhone and re-add it with the app password. The following method involves deleting and re-adding your AOL email account on your iPhone or iPad.
Method 4: Delete and re-add your AOL account on your iPhone/iPad.
First of all, we will go through how to delete AOL account from your iPhone. So, follow the instructions given below.
- From the Home screen of your iPhone, touch the “Settings” icon.
- Select “Mail” or “Passwords and Accounts,” depending on the version of iPhone you’re using.
- Select your AOL account from the list of accounts you have added.
- To delete an AOL account from your device, click “Delete Account”.
- Now, confirm the termination of your iPhone account by clicking “Delete from my iPhone”.
Restore AOL Email on iPhone/iPad
After deleting your account, free up some space on your iPhone and restart it. Your iPhone is now ready to reconfigure AOL email on iPhone. To connect an AOL email account to your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings >> Mail, Password or Account.
- Select “Add Account” in the “Account” section.
- On the next page, select the name of the AOL email service. If you can’t locate AOL, select “Other.”
- Now, in the appropriate blank fields, enter your AOL email address and password and click “Next.” Now your account will be created automatically.
- Alternatively, you can manually set up an AOL email account on your iPhone by logging into the AOL Mail server settings.
- Open the “IMAP” tab and input the following settings:
- imap.aol.com is the hostname.
- Your AOL email address is your username.
- Your AOL email password is your password.
- After entering the IMAP settings, click the “Next” button at the top.
- Similarly, enter POP settings on the appropriate tab.
- Wait until the iPhone’s settings match the email server. At the conclusion, click “Done” to finish the process.
- Your iPhone’s Mail app will now attempt to detect and match your email settings. After exploring the options, click “Done”.
Method 5: Verify the AOL Mail Server Configuration
It is important to include the correct parameters for manual configuration. As a result, we have consolidated AOL IMAP and POP server settings into one table, which you can see below:
AOL POP Mail Configuration
- AOL Server: pop.aol.com
- 995 port number
- SSL encryption is used.
AOL Mail IMAP Server Configuration
- imap.aol.com is an IMAP server.
- 993 (Port)
- SSL encryption is used.
Method 6: Check AOL Server Status
Sometimes, the problem is not with your device but with AOL. To determine if there is a problem with AOL email, visit Downdetector.com and check the status of AOL.
If there is a problem, the screen will not appear as shown above; Instead, you’ll see an indicator of the problem, such as:
There’s a good chance you’ll have problems in the morning and they’ll go away by evening. See here how it works. AOL employees work tirelessly to remove any impediments to their users’ email experience.
Method 7: Perform a network speed test.
If you are unable to detect a problem using Down Detector, you may need to focus on your Internet connection and troubleshoot any problems that arise. To do this, go to speedtest.net and do a speed test on your internet connection. If the speed is not enough, you can contact your ISP to resolve the issue. You can also try manual techniques, such as disconnecting the modem and router from the wall (the power supply) and plugging them in again but make sure you don’t remove all the wires from the router or modem, just those. These are the walls. Also, try restarting your device and reconnecting it to the network.
I hope these steps help you to fix AOL Email not working on iPhone problems. If you are not able to fix this problem by following these steps then you can contact our AOL technical experts and get instant solutions to fix your problems.