Are you tangled in the process to convert OLM file to MBOX? Well, this confusion is valid and in this blog, we will explain everything step by step to help you get results.
An OLM file belongs to Mac Outlook which stores database items such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. This file format is not very versatile and hence is limited to Mac Outlook. The MBOX file is an email mailbox file that organizes the email messages in a single text file.
MBOX file was earlier developed for Unix hosts but now it is compatible with many email clients such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc. Therefore, it is obvious that if you feel the need to shift from the former email application to the newer one as mentioned, you must convert OLM file to MBOX.
In this article, we have explained the most preferred professional solution to help you out in getting the perfect results.
How to Convert OLM File to MBOX?
After having known that why would you make this migration, the next question is how to do it? To answer this, we have provided a couple of methods. The first one is an automatic OLM to MBOX Converter for Mac software. Here are some noteworthy features of this amazing utility:
- Convert all OLM files to MBOX in one go.
- Preserves on-disk hierarchy & data integrity.
- It supports the conversion of attachments too.
- Performs selective conversion of files.
- Options to apply date filter & naming convention.
- Supports all versions of the Mac operating system.
Guidelines for Converting OLM Files to MBOX
- First, you have to download the tool on your computer and then add OLM file(s) or folder to it.
- Then, select them, choose MBOX format and apply settings.
- After this, browse a location to save this file & click on ‘Export’.
Viola! This completes the process. It is that simple to perform this method. Now, you can transfer the MBOX file you just created into any email client or application of your choice.
Manually Method of Converting OLM File Format to MBOX
You can perform the conversion using the manual method also. All you have to do is select the file, drag and drop it in a local folder on your system. This way all your data will get saved in MBOX format which you can later use to transfer to any other platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the software support Mac Outlook 2016?
Yes, this tool is compatible with Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, 2011.
2. How many files can I convert with the help of this tool?
You can convert unlimited OLM file to MBOX using this software. It does not put any limitations on the number or size of the files.
3. Does this tool allow saving the files with only subjects as their names?
Yes, you can easily save Subject and many other such nomenclatures using the naming convention option of this tool.
In this blog, we explained the best method to convert OLM file to MBOX. The manual method is very long as it requires to save each file individually. It works fine if you have to save only a few countable numbers of files but if the number of files is in multiples, it is highly impractical to use this method. The tool that we have recommended here comes to the rescue which securely performs the process.